I've been playing piano for a long time (since I was 6). I used to play almost exclusively classical music and did a bunch of competitions because I liked feeling like I was good at piano. See here for my Youtube channel.
Later at MIT, I continued playing in trios for a couple years but then I had an existential crisis related to feeling like the way I played music wasn't C R E A T I V E!!!
So my friends and I started jamming in a band together. And that was... extremely fun haha (some of my absolute favorite MIT memories).
- Studied with Ruo Huang Balko, Roberta Rust from Lynn Conservatory, and chamber music with David Deveau at MIT.
- Graduated from Dreyfoos SOA and BAK SOA (performing arts schools) as a Piano Major.
- My fancy schmancy braggity brag competition bio.
- Went to FSU Piano Institute, Eastern Music Festival, Southeastern Piano Festial, and PBAU Piano Festival (4x). See 1, 2.
I am interested in writing original music. My MIT friends and I were part of a band called Long Winded. Our Youtube channel is located here. Poorly updated page of explorative improvisation / ideation here.
- Late Night in the City (improvised piano song)
- A Little Death (Long Winded)
- Leonard the Newt (Long Winded)
- Tell Me Why - Wrote, Produced, Sang
I bought Pro Tools after a cool dude from Berklee convinced me to buy it at Guitar Center. So I spent a summer + a few months learning it and became a noob producer.
Select Solo Recordings:
For more videos, see my solo playlist on Youtube, here.
Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 15 "Rákóczi March" (2015)
Eastern Music Festival (won the concerto competition)
Prokofiev - Piano Concerto No. 2 in G minor, Andantino-Allegretto (2014)
Select Chamber Recordings:
For more videos, see my Chamber Music Society playlist on Youtube, here.
Arensky - Piano Trio No. 1 in D minor, Op. 32, Allegro moderato (2017)
Haydn - Piano Trio in C Major, Hob. XV:27, Finale Presto (2016)
Beethoven - Piano Trio Op.11 in B flat Major, Tema con variazioni (2017)